Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
I don't think that handcuffing a kid is the first solution, but obviously this isn't the first run in. At what point do the people who seem against anything realize that there becomes a risk to the safety of other children.
Sorry to say, some of the opinions on here are why this country is going to hades in a handbasket. It's never the spawn of Satan's fault, its that the teachers didn't reach out or bend over backwards to make sure that little Timmy never got upset. Screw the other kids that suffer due to little Timmy, because its all about me and how people should make sure that nothing is ever done I disagree with.
And yes, by all means bring corporal punishment back. The way schools have to be secure now, film the butt bustings to make sure that nobody goes overboard, make their be someone present when they are given to protect from the lawsuit happy world.
My parents, and grandparents in my case, had told the principals to whip me if I misbehaved, and tell them, so I'd get another dose when I got home.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
A line I've heard more than once from parents of kids currently in school is:
They get only one childhood and I want it to be happy and make sure they get everything they want. (i.e. spoil them into being horrid brats, shield them from and bail them out of all bad situations.)
Yes there's only one childhood, which means you only have one chance to raise them into responsible, self-sufficient adults with a good head on their shoulders.
The balance between a fun childhood and raising a kid to be an adult is gone for many.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
She once told me that I had a reputation and that her kids were afraid of me. Yeah, right. They really acted as if they were afraid of me.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Those kind of parents want to blame the system and everyone else. It sure is getting old in my book. I use to be nice and entertain them, but I don't do it anymore.
You are 100% correct on your assessment elpn, it is all about them and the other kids doesn't matter to them.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Indian Dad, this is Olympia Kiser. And for those who know anything about this family, this more than likely will not be the last time this kid sees a pair of handcuffs!
I have family that work at WPS and usually get daily accounts of this kid and how terrible he is
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
shows how little you know about the principal at WPS. i know the man personally and he would give up anything for anyone. on different occasions he has went out of his was just to help me in anything i needed help with. I have NEVER saw him mad to the extent of yelling and screaming. He is a calm-natured person and fits in great at WPS. sound like to me the kid need to be sent to Culpepper for a couple of weeks and see how its gonna be if he continues to act the way he is.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Home with a sick child, but I would normally be in the trenches at a middle school right now. I'm 6'3" and weigh 230. I lift weights daily and run for 25-30 minutes at amoderate pace. I have 19 static line parachute jumps with the 82nd Airborne Division. And, yes, 9-year olds do scare me. They can take away everything I have worked so hard to earn in a flash when they cross the line and make me choose between being a man and being a teacher. This incident is not something to sneer at. I will tell anybody that I can physically control most kids, of any age, but it would cost me my job and freedom. </div></div>
THANK YOU!!!
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Who is the principal there now?
I can picture this making national news. May need to throw up few signs saying we support the guy.
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
Re: Wise Primary Student Handcuffed
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndn12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shows how little you know about the principal at WPS. i know the man personally and he would give up anything for anyone. on different occasions he has went out of his was just to help me in anything i needed help with. I have NEVER saw him mad to the extent of yelling and screaming. He is a calm-natured person and fits in great at WPS. sound like to me the kid need to be sent to Culpepper for a couple of weeks and see how its gonna be if he continues to act the way he is. </div></div>
Mark Giles is one hell of a guy. If it was up to me and a kid was being outright disrespectful to me as I can put together in this case the little [censored] would have my size 13 up his ass. Thats why I am not a teacher and my mom is.